Getting Started with Manual Testing
This walkthrough shows you how to use App Interact to test a native Android or iOS app or mobile website. You can use the App Interact console to select devices, upload a build in the form of an .apk or an .ipa or choose a default one, and then change the settings of a device, view logs. You can watch the tutorial on how to run a manual test using App Interact:
Sign in to the Console
You can use the App Interact console to select devices, upload build, change device settings, remotely debug, navigate through folders available in the console, view screenshots, logs. You can learn about devices, builds, device settings, screenshots, logs later in this walkthrough.
Step 01: Sign in to App Interact Console at http://demo-app-interact.mozark.ai/
You will see a page as shown in Figure 01. Provide your user id, password and click on login to sign into App Interact Console successfully.
Figure 01: Sign into App Interact Console
Step 02: Signed in App Interact Console
After you successfully sign into App Interact Console, you will see the page given in Figure 02.
Figure 02: Signed in App Interact Console
Once you are signed into the App Interact Console, you can select devices, upload or select default or existing builds, change device settings, view screenshots and logs.
To test a mobile app or a mobile website, you must select device by clicking on ‘Use’ before a device of your choice as shown in Figure 03.
Figure 03: Click on ‘Use’ to select a device of your choice
Now that you have selected a device, the next step is to navigate through the selected device by clicking on the buttons in the device screen as given in Figure 04. Once you are done with manual testing on a device, do not forget to click on X before signing out.
Figure 04: Device Screen
Now that you have selected a device and navigated through it, the next step is to upload a build from your system as shown in Figure 05 or by installing the app from Play Store or App Store.
Figure 05: Upload Builds
Configure your Manual Tests
You can configure your manual tests through device settings, advanced inputs, maintenance, file explorer, switching browsers, shell scripting, remote debugging, connecting App/Play Store accounts, port forwarding as shown in Figures 6 and 7.
Figure 06: Configure your manual tests – Navigation, Shell Scripting, Remote Debugging
Figure 07: Configure your manual tests – File Explorer
1. Navigation – ‘Navigation’ helps in switching the browser to manually test your mobile websites as given in Figure 06.
2. Shell Command – ‘Shell Command’ can execute shell command on the test device so that you can control your test device from your computer, copy files back and forth, run shell commands as shown in Figure 06.
3. Connect with App/Play Store – App Interact gives an option to connect with ‘App/Play Store’ by entering username and password so that the desired builds can be installed easily as given in Figure 07.
4. Advanced Input – ‘Advanced Input’ enables you to change the volume, media and keyboard configurations of your test devices as shown in Figure 07.
5. Maintenance – You can restart your test device by going to ‘Maintenance’ in Figure 07.
6. Port Forwarding – ‘Port Forwarding’ enables connections with a destination server of your choice as given in Figure 07.
7. File Explorer – With ‘File Explorer’, you can glance through different device folders in the test device as shown in Figure 07.
You can take screenshots for your manual tests as shown in Figure 08.
Figure 08: Take Screenshots
Next Section: Remote Debugging